I have been asked of late to write about some easy, healthy low-carb lunches. Since fiber plays such an important role in maintaining a healthy body, I personally am a huge fan of high-fiber lunches. So I thought I would combine the two!
Here are some of my go-to high-fiber, low-carb lunches – why not give them a whirl?
- Salad – When I make a salad I include lots of dark leafy greens and pretty much everything but the kitchen sink. Dress it with lemon or lime or try one of these killer healthy, homemade salad dressings.
- Green Beauty Drink – Once again, everything but the kitchen sink goes in here! In a blender I combine leafy greens, sprouts, celery, chia seeds, and my favorite fruit.
- Tuna salad stuffed in an avocado.
- Chicken salad stuffed in an avocado.
- Vegetable stew or soup – You can make a large pot in advance and store it in the fridge or freezer for a quick lunch.
- Hard-boiled eggs and grilled or roasted veggies – You can make both of these in advance to save time
- Omelet with veggies.
Remember my friends, good health does take a little bit of work. But I really do mean a little bit though – if you plan ahead, all of the low-carb lunches listed above should be easy for you to do on even the busiest day.
The most important thing is to never skip a meal. Skipping meals is a sure way of damaging your metabolism. Hey listen, nobody’s perfect. I don’t have time for lunch 100% of the time, so when all else fails, rather than skip lunch I always have some nuts and fruit on hand!
Did I miss one of your go-to low-carb lunches? Please share in the comments below – I would love to hear it (and I’m sure everyone else would too)!