My pick of the week this week is laughter!
Yes, that’s right! Laughter…
Laughter heals, it cures all kinds of issues and challenges.
Laughter is free, it is easy and can be found anywhere!
“Life is better when you are laughing” – Anonymus
Lord Byron once said “Always laugh when you can. It’s cheap medicine”. “The most wasted of all days is one without laughter” stated Edward Estlin Cummings. And it’s true! Scientists have admitted that laughter is beneficial for both physical and mental health. Need to know why?
1. Laughter benefits the heart as it causes vasodilation and helps to better blood circulation.
2. Laughter stimulates the lungs by activating at least 400 million pulmonary alveoli, almost three times as long as we breathe.
3. It activates the production of more white blood cells and helps to strengthen the immune system.
4. Activates the digestive system as it functions as an “internal massage” of the viscera.
5. 20 minutes of intense laughter equals to 3 minutes of quick walking! It causes contractions to 400 muscles making laughter the easiest exercise!
6. Laughter tightens the skin since 15 muscles on the face and neck “train” the area.
7. It activates the secretion of endorphins in the blood, causing euphoria and decreasing cortisol levels, thus fighting stress.
Many hospitals have approach that kind of idea and they have laughter halls and daily entertainment facilities for their patients!
So let yourself laughing with his soul and see your life change for the better!
If you are looking for a book that will make you laugh, try to read “Laughter Still Is the Best Medicine: Our Most Hilarious Jokes, Gags, and Cartoons”
This hilarious collection offers up some of the funniest moments that get us through our day, in the form of jokes, gags and cartoons that will have you laughing out loud!
Peace and Blessings