My pick of the week this week is a fabulous recipe from a good friend.
Once a week I like to share good ideas about anything from recipes to movies and books. And all things healthy of course!
Well, this recipe is so amazing I simply had to share it with you.
Best darn crackers you’ll ever taste!!!
Thank you Emmanouil Vogiatzakis!
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp dried herbs of your choice (I used thyme)
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds (I used a mix of black and white sesame seeds)
- 1/4 cup flaxseed (linseed)
- Preheat oven to 170C (340F) fanbake.
- Mix all ingredients together and leave for 10-15 minutes for the seeds to soak up the water.
- Give everything a good stir, then split the mixture over two lined baking trays and spread thinly.
The ideal thickness is about 3-4mm. Too thin and the crackers will be very fragile, too thick and they’ll be more like a seed cookie than a cracker.
- Bake for one hour (switching the trays around halfway through), or until golden brown and crisp.
- If they don’t feel crisp after an hour, return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes. Remove from the oven, allow to cool, then break into irregular shards.
- Store in an airtight container.
Peace and Blessings