Call me crazy but I do believe that one of these days they’re going to find out all sorts of things wrong with the likes of stevia. Not the stevia plant mind you but the stevia powder that everyone seems to be using as sweetener.
So what do you sweet near coffee with? Well this week’s pick of the week is on exactly that…
I’m not trying to be a killjoy and I’m not trying to convince you to use excessive amounts of calories in your coffee but for goodness sake if you knew what those artificial sweeteners really do to you, you would probably learn how to love black coffee! I did a long time ago!
But if you are not interested in black coffee and I do understand why here are my recommendations on sweeteners…
- Raw organic honey – the sugars in honey are easier to process and it provides you with other important nutrients
- Organic agave nectar – is ideal for sweetening hot beverages because it dissolves well. Avage nectar is 1 1/2 times sweeter than sugar, so you need to use less than you would if you were using sugar
- Organic maple syrup – it contains 13 antioxidant compounds and it will add a distinct maple flavor to your coffee
- Vanilla extract – an amazing way to sweetem your coffee is a few drops of pure vanilla extract in it
- Manuka Honey – it tastes great in coffee and aids in digestion
- Blackstrap Molasses – take your daily dose of blackstrap molasses by mixing a teaspoon into your coffee drink
Peace and Blessings