Do you want to be healthy and beautiful? Do you want to exercise more? Do you want to make a new start this year by setting yourself as a top priority? 2018 it’s almost here! Prepare for the New Year and make your wishes come true!
People usually say that every beginning is difficult. It’s difficult because every beginning has an end and this end is our start for something better, something new. But what does a new beginning mean? A new job? A new relationship? A new phase of life? A new reality? A new you?
Every New Year we all wish for a better life, an easier life, with more joy, success, love. More dreams and expectations. To improve ourselves in all aspects of life.
Every New Year, is as if we want to erase everything that weighs us down and make a fresh start. We are the painters of our life and our life is a white canvas. We pick new colors and new brushes to create a new life. Sometimes we do it. Sometimes, however, we pick the same brushes, the same colors and draw the same drawings. Do you want to know why? There is a small detail which makes a huge difference! If you truly want to change your life, improve your life, make a real fresh start then change yourself from the inside out! Look inside yourself, learn who you are, love who you are and the most important? Find your purpose of life! Everything you need to know, improve or change is inside you. It’s always an inside job!
Happy New Year!
What’s New with Vicky
What’s New with Vicky is definitely a little rest and relaxation!
2017 was filled with a lot of hard work for Vicky. She decided this week to take a few extra hours and have some down time. Please follow in Vicky’s footsteps, take sometime this week or this weekend for a little me time. Vicky took some extra time at the gym, spent extra time with friends and family and did little beauty treatments on herself! 😊😊
Start Where You Are is an interactive journal designed to help readers nurture their creativity, mindfulness, and self-motivation. It helps readers navigate the confusion and chaos of daily life with a simple reminder: that by taking the time to know ourselves and what those dreams are, we can appreciate the world around us and achieve our dreams.
Cabbage Coleslaw is the perfect creamy salad to accompany your main dishes in New Year’s dinner!
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 carrots [ shredded ]
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt [0% fat]
- 1 celery rib [ chopped ]
- 1 red pepper [ seeded and diced ]
- 1/3 bunch fresh parsley [ chopped ]
- 1/3 red cabbage [ shredded ]
- 1/3 cabbage [ thinly sliced ]
- 1/2 green apple [ thinly sliced ]
- 1/3 red onion [ chopped, optional ]
- white balsamic vinegar [to taste]
- Himalayan sea salt [ to taste ]
- freshly ground black pepper [ to taste ]
- Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, salt and pepper into a small bowl.
- In a salad bowl add the carrots, celery, pepper, parsley, red cabbage, cabbage, apple and onion.
- Drizzle with the mayonnaise dressing and toss well to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!
- For better taste, cover the bowl and leave for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
New Year’s Resolutions
1. Make the right decisions and set goals in your life
Talk to yourself, think about the lessons of the past year and set new goals for the up-coming New Year. Think about what you really want and find ways to get it.
2. Create healthy eating habits
- Make a fresh start and get in shape!
- Say “yes” to breakfast that gives you energy to start your day.
- Follow the Mediterranean diet and add lots of fruits and vegetables into your diet.
- Always eat at least 3 meals a day.
- Drink plenty of water, at least half your weight in ounces!
- Replace animal fat with extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil and grapeseed oil.
3. Take care of your body
Incorporate exercise into your life, improve your health, appearance and mood. Even if your free time is limited, you can find 15-20 minutes a day to exercise. Choose the kind of exercise you like and take care of yourself so you can achieve positive results that will boost your self-esteem. The easiest way to exercise is walking!
4. Organize your day and time correctly
How many times have you felt that 24 hours are not enough for your obligations?
This year plan your day-to-day activities before leaving home.
- Evaluate your priorities according to how important and urgent they are and put them in a row.
- Draw an organizational chart and manage how long your activities last. Do not forget to leave a margin for relaxing or unexpected delays.
- Do not allow others to “steal” your time. Close your office door and ask politely “a little quiet”.
- Do not postpone anything for tomorrow if you can do it today.
- Learn to say no! Do not be ashamed to deny something if you do not have the time to do it.
- Learn to finish a job first before starting another.
5. Beat stress
- Adopt positive attitudes and relaxation techniques such as meditation, massage, breathing improvement and yoga.
- Excite yourself with a fun sport.
- Use anxiolytic essential oils such as peppermint, lavender and marjoram oil. Make a light massage using essential oil or add several drops of essential oil onto your shower floor or into a bath. You can also scent your living or working space by using an essential oil diffuser.
6. Laugh out loud
Get rid of negative thoughts and adopt positive thinking. Laughter is truly the best medicine! It is the only natural healing method that ensures psychical and emotional balance, as well as optimism. Laughter strengthens the immune system, benefits the heart, stimulates the respiratory function and it also relaxes.
Q: How do I avoid puffy eyes after holiday parties? Is there something I can do?
A: Lay down for 15 minutes with chilled black tea bags on your eyelids, it is the tannins that reduce the puffiness. Or you can place two metal spoons in the fridge or freezer and laying the backs over your eyes.
Q: How do I give my face that amazing glow for New Year’s eve?
A: Use whipped egg whites as a face mask. Let it dry and rinse well with warm water before doing your makeup!
“It is time to forget the past and celebrate a new beginning. Happy New Year!” – Unknown