Finally the day you are waiting for over a month has come. Pack your backs and wear your hat, it’s vacation time! Suddenly, a thought crosses over your mind. “What about my workout? I have been working out all season, now what?” You don’t have to stop the habits that keep you in shape due to your vacation. You may not have access to your treadmill or gym, but there are always ways to continue exercising during a trip!
• Walking on the sandy beach where your foot sinks in and you fight to get it back is the best exercise for your body. Walk by the sea to enjoy its view.Hiking• If you are not a beach person and prefer spending your vacation time in the mountains then try hiking. Hiking is an effective way to strengthen and tone your entire body, especially your quads and glutes.
• An early morning beach run before the whole island wakes up is the best for you. It will be so rejuvenating you can’t even imagine!
• Swimming is the best summer exercise! The resistance of water will train your whole body. It will boost your cardiovascular and muscular system without fear of the slightest injury.
• For the advanced one there is the aqua aerobic solution. Burn up to 280 calories by making big strides in the water, running or making scissors with legs and arms, gripping your legs on the chest and stretch out loud.
• Whether in the alleys of the island, sea or even in the mountain this kind of exercise will make your legs awesome. It’s easy, fun and it can be used as a mean of transit for short distances!
What’s New with Vicky:
Vicky will be travelling quite a bit over the next several weeks. It make be hard for her to get to the gym daily. She probably won’t be able to keep up with her addiction to spin classes. Vicky always travels with a pair of athletic shoes so that she can find a way to workout. The period of time when Vicky is travelling she makes sure to do high intensity training power walking and strength training using her body weight. Vicky feels as if there is always a way to get a workout when you are traveling. Just make sure you don’t leave your athletic shoes behind! Here is a link you can watch and exercise indoors or outdoors! Click to watch it!
Fruit salad is a great thing to munch in your workout!
Summer Fruit Salad
• 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
• 2 cups quartered strawberries
• 2 cups sliced kiwi fruit
• 3 sliced bananas, sliced
• 2 segmented oranges
• 2 cups blueberries
• fresh orange juice [to taste]
• fresh lemon juice [to taste]
• ground cinnamon [optional]
• fresh mint leaves [for topping]
1. Add all the fruits into a large bowl and drizzle with fresh orange and lemon juice.
2. Sprinkle with cinnamon and top with mint leaves.
3. Serve and enjoy!
Health & Beauty Tips of the Week:
1. Sun protection
Whether you are at the beach or high altitude mountainous location, don’t forget to apply a quality sunscreen on your face, arms and feet. Sun exposure can be harmful whatever the locations. Apply sunscreen 20 minute before you step out for sightseeing. Sun is the most worrisome factor for summer vacations. Over exposure of sun can cause tanning, wrinkles and sunburn on your skin. Sunscreen is a good solution for all sun related skin problems.
2. Take Care of your Feet
Sight seeing and walking along the beach bare footed can cause damage to your pedicure. Exfoliate and moisturize your feet daily while you are on vacation. Every time you get the time you should cleanse and take care of your feet. Feet is a part of your body that bear the harsh treatment while visit a certain location. A nice cream for massaging your feet should do the job for you.
3. Stay Hydrated and Drink Water
Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated. Water is very essential for skin glow. Dehydration is one of the greatest concern associated with summer. Water is a single solution for all your skin problems. Water maintains the metabolism of your body and keeps you hydrated throughout the day.
Q: What type of clothes should I wear when exercising outdoors?
A: When you exercise make sure that you wear comfortable clothing. It should be something that allows you to move freely and doesn’t irritate your skin. I prefer shorts and a tank top!
Q: How do you feel about wearing deodorant? I sweat a lot when I’m working out and I desperately need something.
A: I definitely do not like most deodorants on the market. I certainly prefer all natural or even better homemade deodorant. Here is a link to make your own. Click to read it!
“Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is relax”